Frequently Asked Questions
HOW CAN I SUBMIT A MAINTENANCE REQUEST?
We have 3 alternatives for tenants to place a maintenance request.
ONLINE PORTAL: HRG uses an online property management system that allows tenants and owners to login to the system to review their account, pay electronically, and open maintenance tickets directly into our tracking system.
VOICEMAIL: HRG provides a maintenance phone number that when used alerts our property managers via email and SMS Text message to their mobile phone.
EMAIL: Non-critical requests can be emailed to Maintenance@HarrisonRealtyGroup.com.
WHAT ARE HRG QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPLICATION?
Each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and requires final approval by the property owner. We process applications as quickly as possible. Expect a minimum of 2 days to: contact landlords to verify rental references, verify employment, and review credit and criminal background. Final approval typically takes 4 - 5 days. Providing accurate landlord or property management company daytime contact information will shorten the turnaround time.
If there are special credit or other circumstances that may affect the owner's decision, please write a paragraph explaining the situation. Upfront and honest is the best policy. Our contract with the owner makes is very difficult to rent to you if your credit is more than 20% negative in the last two years. Bad credit, bad rental references or no rental references may result in a rejected application. In some cases, an owner may accept applicant with a co-signer that has a good credit and rental status.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older. If applicant is a student, a notarized parent or legal guardian guarantee is required.
- A copy of applicant’s valid Drivers License and Social Security Card must accompany the application.
- Applicant must have proof of permanent employment with legal and verifiable income in the amount of approximately three times the monthly rent. If retired or receiving disability etc., we still need verifiable income in the amount of three times monthly rental amount.
- Three years of favorable rental references or ownership are required.
- We use a National Credit Agent for credit checks. We do criminal background checks on all applicants.
- Only two unrelated adults shall live in a property, unless owner approval is given.
- At this time our owners have elected not to participate in the Section 8 voucher program.
- If you wish to be preapproved before you locate a property, write "Preapproval Request" on the application in the address portion on the first line. We will process your application and call you when complete. You can then select a property that you qualify for. Preapproved applications do not receive a refund of any processing fees paid even if a suitable property cannot be located.
HRG RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A minimum twelve-month lease is required, unless otherwise stated.
- Resident pays all utilities and grass maintenance, unless otherwise stated.
- Application Fee is $45 per applicant. (Due with completed application and is non-refundable)
- Security Deposit is equal to one month’s rent and is due with completed application and is refundable if rejected.
- Once approved, the first month’s rent must be in the form of cashier's bank check or money order prior to occupancy.
- Pets are at owner’s discretion. A Refundable Pet fee is typically $300 for one animal, but is determined by the owner on a case-by-case basis at time of application.**Additional fees may be requested for multiple animals and are held in a trust account with your security deposit until lease end.
- Late Fee is 5% of monthly rent due after 5-‐day grace period
- There is a $25 non-sufficient funds fee for all returned checks or failed EFT payments.
AM I REQUIRED TO HAVE RENTER'S INSURANCE?
Yes. It is a stipulation of our lease agreement that you have renter's insurance.
CAN I PAY MY RENT ONLINE?
Yes. You will receive a Tenant Login to our portal on or before your move-in date. With this login, you can schedule recurring or one-time payments be drafted from your checking account. Use the Tenant Portal button above to visit your portal.
CAN I USE MY SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR THE LAST MONTH'S RENT?
No. The deposit is required to secure the tenant's performance of all parts of the rental agreement and is a security against any damages to the leased premises. It is not a rental payment.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY ONLINE ACCOUNT?
- Check your balance due: The amount due will include any unpaid rent after the first of a given month. Any late fees or maintenance related charges will also be included.
- Pay your rent/balance as a one-time or scheduled payment drafted from your checking account.
- Pay your rent via credit card with a small processing fee.
- Open and track a maintenance ticket. Our maintenance personnel are alerted once you submit the ticket.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept personal checks, money orders, and cashiers checks. If at anytime you pay with a personal check and it gets returned to us due to non-sufficient funds, any and all subsequent rent payments must be made in certified funds.
We also have online payment options available via our portal. Use the Tenant Portal button above to visit.
WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT TO RENEW MY LEASE?
You must provide a 60 day written notice before the expiration date that you will not be renewing your lease. Oral/Verbal notices are not sufficient under any circumstances.
WHAT UTILITIES AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR?
All residents are responsible for all of their own utilities unless otherwise noted. You will need to set up utilities in your name upon move in.
WHEN IS RENT DUE?
Rent is due the first of the month and no later than the 5th. Rent received after will be subject to a 5% late fee.
DO YOU WORK WITH SECTION 8?
No. We currently do not accept section 8 vouchers.